Yes we know, summer is almost over and it is breaking our hearts, but hold back your tears people because we’re making this September a little more cheesy! You’ve guessed right it is the 9th Annual Grilled Cheese Invitational! This means that you can make your most delicious and unique Grilled Cheese and fight to the death for yours to be the best! All funds raised by this delicious, bloody, and exciting fundraiser goes to the Prostate Cancer Centre, who will be on hand with The Man Van! Guys over 40 can have their PSA’s checked while eating some Grilled Cheese! There will be 3 awards that all the teams will be fighting for:
The Drool Award: This winner has made a sandwich that I would give my left arm for it’s scrumptiousness!
The “Whaat?” Award: This winner has picked out the most unique ingredient(s) for their sandwich and it actually tastes great!… Not like I was surprised or anything…
The Flair Award: This winner stands straight out from the crowd with their costumes, elaborate booth or even a sassy dance routine! No one will notice your grilled cheese is awful if it is served by a storm trooper…
To enter your team, please fill out the registration form below! Make sure you hurry because only the first 10 teams are entered!
If you have any problems please contact Amanda Stonehouse 403-343-7105, email@example.com. Once registered you will receive a confirmation email saying either YAY you’re in or nay you are team 11
When: September 7 2018
Where: Southside Dodge Chrysler Jeep!
Time: 10:30-11 am set up
11:30-2ish Open to Public
What do you need??
- Your team will need an awesome team name & items to deck out your table
- You need to provide: A menu listing the ingredients on your booth table to avoid any allergy issues
- Butter, bread, cheese and all other special ingredients you need to make your grilled cheese! You will need enough ingredients to make approximately 50 grilled cheeses!
- $100 entry fee for the Grilled Cheese that goes straight to the Prostate Cancer Centre!
PLEASE NOTE: Any perishable items MUST be kept in a cooler with ice and be stored at safe temperatures and all food stuffs must be stored off of the ground! Be sure to label your bags/coolers with your name.
We will supply power to the 10 teams but you need to bring your own hot plate, BBQ, or whatever you need to cook with: plus a knife, cutting board, frying pan & the means to sanitize your supplies.
- Why are we doing this? Because we really love Grilled Cheese and fighting Prostate Cancer so why not do it together?
- The public will be invited to come down to sample your creation! Cut them into 4s and hope that the public and the judges can give you the passing grade.
What we supply:
- Hand Sanitizer
- Disposable Gloves
- Sandwich plates
- Paper towel
- Power to plug in!
Also we need to give a shoutout to all the sponsors that help make this happen! Southside Dodge is letting us take over their parking lot that day with cheesy cheesy goodness! Pepsi is supplying all the pop you can imagine so we all can get our fix! Old Dutch is bringing chips, and everyone loves chips! Delicious Nectar is helping out by creating some super cool aprons for the chefs!
Thanks for all your support! We can’t wait to try your cheesy creation!